Communicating Effectively 1

It's time for our Grammar Class. Relax, learn, ask questions and have fun.




  • It's important for you to leave a space after you use a comma. E.G "Gift,how are you?" It's supposed to be Gift, how are you?
  • Always begin your sentence with capital letter.
  • Do not replace q with g. This one is very important because my name is Gift not Qift. I find this really irritating.
  • I'm not against shorthand, but don't make it a habit. For words like you, why have you decided to change it to yhu? Where are you even running to.
  • When someone corrects you, check the dictionary. Make the dictionary your friend. Don't just nod and agree. Try to verify, you might be right. Someone told me that extreme end is wrong, I checked my dictionary and I was correct.
  • Open your mind, you'll learn more that way.
  • Everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect, but we should be willing to learn.
  • We know English is not our native language, but we should always look for opportunities to be better. It's important that we learn to take correction. Some people do not just take corrections.
  • When you are trying to correct someone, be as polite as possible. If he/she knows the correct word, he/she will not use the wrong words.
  • Get a good English Dictionary. Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English is very good. 
  • Watch British movies. They are not boring, I am an addict and I can recommend some good movies. If you feel British movies are really boring, just watch the movie to learn from the native speakers.
  • Correct me when I'm wrong. Nobody is perfect.




















Photo credit: Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Online

Comments