Health Tips 1

My Ear and I


I have this issue with my left ear. The pain comes and goes, but the one of last month was not from earth. I wanted to clean my ear and I decided to use a cotton swab to do that.  The pain started when I did that. The pain was excruciating, I had a serious headache and stomach ache. I was crying at work because I couldn't bear the pain and I was asked to go home. I went home and I decided to go to the hospital the next day. I went to Eko hospital the next day, thanks to Mum, Aunty Chinwe, Uncle Chiajulam, Johnson for calming me down when I was crying and Ada Monique for the direction.


When I arrived at Eko hospital, I asked for the ENT doctor and the receptionists started telling me what I don't know. I just broke down. I started crying again. Nobody told them to attend to me sharp-sharp. The doctor examined my ear and told me the exact problem. He said I used a cotton swab to push the wax further. I've decided to share what I learnt as regards the ear:
  • Do not use a match stick, money, cover of your pen, cotton swabs, broom sticks or a needle.
  • If you decide to clean your ear, you can use a drop of olive oil, tilt your head to the other side, leave for one or two minutes and tilt it to the other side. Use a cotton wool to clean the dirt. You can also use baby oil or coconut oil.
  • Do not use an earphone always.
  • Do not allow anyone to scream in your ears. Stay away from very loud and noisy people.
  • If you feel any pain in your ear, do not go to a pharmacy, go straight to a hospital. I went to one big pharmacy like that in VI and they prescribe some drugs. I didn't take the drugs because I hate drugs and I was very lucky. I took the drugs to the hospital and the doctor told me not to take those drugs.


I'm not a doctor and I don't know it all. I just stated what my doctor told me. If your know more about the ear, you can leave a comment so people can learn. If you have more health tips, send a mail to me. Let's do this again next week.

Comments