Chime Francis speaks out on Cupid Stories.

I'm actually a very shy person. I do not like facing the crowd, I always feel I have stage fright. Emeka gave me the opportunity to talk on air for the first time. He invited me to Lion FM. I was scared, scared to face the microphone and talk to the world, but he told me to calm down. I did that and the rest is history. It even earned me a name from my lecturer. He calls me Lion FM. I talk a lot on my Youtube channel. I talk to the extent that you'd think I'm actually a very loud and social person, but when you meet me for the first time, you'd be disappointed. I'm quiet like that.
The first time I climbed a stage to address a major crowd was when I  was asked to Co-host my departmental night with Lawrence Thorpe. It was not a bad experience and I'll be doing it again on the 9th of December with the amazing Chime Francis. Chime Francis is the Brain behind Cupid stories. I am going to be hosting the couple games with him, am I not blessed? I love the fact that he's a fighter, he is funny, he knows how to keep a conversation going and he has decided to chase his passion. I had an amazing interview with the Engineer and Talented Comedian and he poured his heart out. He told me all about cupid stories and I really love love right now.




Gift: Hello Chime, how are you doing today?
Chime: I'm doing pretty fine


Gift: I've heard a lot about Cupid stories and it's quite close. How prepared are you? Are you scared of anything? Do you think you are really prepared?


Chime Francis: Yeah, I think I'm very prepared for cupid stories and I don't think I am scared of anything per se, but I know that everything will pan out to be as envisaged. Me, my team and Nezt Ent. We are all doing our best, we are very much prepared. I am prepared.


Gift: Wow! That's great.  So, what inspired the title "Cupid Stories"?


Chime Francis: What actually inspired the name "Cupid Stories" was the fact that we wanted a theme, not just a theme, a catchy theme that will cover the frame work of our idea.  Our idea was to infuse love and comedy with the spirit of X-mas. That's how the name "Cupid Stories" came about.


Gift: So, it's related to love somehow?


Chime Francis: It's a comedy event that is laced with love and celebration of X-mas.


Gift: What should we expect?


Chime Francis: Ok. One thing I always tell people is that when I come out to do something, I give my best. I give 100% and nothing  less. Everything should be expected on that day. Clean comedy, dance, drama, poetry, music and games. People should expect so much because my team and I will surely deliver. Expect to derive joy.


Gift: My expectations are very high o. I even learnt you are an Engineer.


Chime Francis: Yeah! read Mechanical Engineering to be precise.


Gift: You are a comedian too. How did that happen? Passion?


Chime Francis: How I became a comedian actually marvels me till today. Well, I started as a stage play actor from my primary to secondary school days. I continued as a stage play actor in the university. Then, in 2014, I was at an event (Economics Night) when I saw MC Olivia perform stand-up comedy on stage and I was like wow! A lady performing her own written jokes? I was moved and I did a little research and I happen to turn out a comedian today. I had little stints of stand-up performances in my SS2 days at Federal Government College, Odogbolu, Ogun State. I think it's just inside my system. I never saw myself as a comedian, I only saw myself as an actor. Though I called it a hobby then, but hobby don turn work.


Gift: Yes o, hobby don turn work. It is important to make your passion your profession. What's going to happen to the Engineer in you? Why didn't you study theatre arts?


Chime Francis: The Engineer in me has enough role to play. Engineering helped me in the way I think and solve problems. It also helped  me to be very observant because  I do mostly observatory comedy. I didn't study Theatre Art because from the beginning, I always like to have an edge over people when it comes to arguments then about arts, commercial and science class, you know how science students always took the day. I always wanted to be a science student and also, to partake in what art students do. I am still looking at going into short courses in Theatre and film making.


Gift; Well, I don't agree with you on science students having an edge over art students in anything o jare. I love the fact that you are focused and you are a fighter.
Chime Francis: Thank you very much.
Gift: You are welcome. Let's get back to Cupid Stories. Is there any special dress code?
Chime Francis: Hmmm...Cupid Stories is an event designed to advertise you. I suggest while coming, you slay in  that dress. Our red carpet hosts would be around to check for the highs and the lows, the turn on and turn offs. All I can say is dress smart, sharp and be decent. It's an unconventional event.
Gift: So, is the red carpet video going to be aired anywhere? I need to run to my tailor so I can slay too.
Chime Francis: Yeah. The videos will be out after the event with time. It is expected to be on major social media houses. Who doesn't want to be seen on our Instagram account slaying in that dress?
Gift: I don't know who that person is. I'm really glad to be part of Cupid Stories and I'm coming with all my friends.
Chime Francis: Please, come with everyone you know. They all need to come and make history with me and my guys. I associate with only the best and I'm happier because I'm associating with you.
Gift: I'm also glad to be associated with you and the best part is the fact that I'm going to share the stage with the amazing Chime Francis.
Chime Francs: The couples game will be  lit, you and I holding it down.
Gift: I'll schedule another interview with you in three weeks time. That one is for my Youtube channel. Thank you for your time, you are amazing.
Chime Francs: You are welcome.


You cannot afford to miss Cupid Stories.  Make sure you don't miss it for anything. The countdown begins now.  You have to love love.






Comments