Keep Fighting

'I lost  my dad in the year 2000. I really can't recall the year. One Wednesday evening, we were supposed to go for evening service. There was no money. The last money we had (my mum and I) was #20. That money would take us to church, but it will not bring us back. We went to church with the money. At the gate of the church, there was this Elder and his wife. They had been looking for us. They gave us money, I won't mention the amount of money and foodstuff. We were so glad we came to church that day.'


Many of us have been through worse, but don't make any situation make you lose your value. I decided to share my little testimony just to tell you that I've been there. How well are you handling your bad situation? How well do you love yourself? When I talk about self love, I don't mean the one you flood your timeline on Facebook with. I'm talking the love that will make you take yourself out and be happy with yourself first.


Let's get back to my question. How well are you handling your bad situation? You are not the only broke person, you are not the only one looking for a life partner, you are not the only one looking for a job, you are not the only one that is tired of JAMB. You are not the only one going through what you are going through.


You are looking for a job, you get one that pays maybe #80,000 and you are complaining. I read something on Nairaland recently about a job that pays fresh graduates #140,000. The sad thing is jobless people were complaining that it is too small. Excuse me, you don't even have any experience and #140,00 is too small for you. Why don't you take that job and aim higher? You don't have a job, you blame the government everyday. A certain amount of money gets into your hand and all you want is to purchase the latest phone or buy a car? You are not even thinking of starting up something. Just go out there, take that small job an start small. Leave Instagram and open a LinkedIn account. Change your email address o. Which one is sexybabe@gmail.com or froshestnigger@gmail.com?


You are looking for a life partner and you want everything that you are not. You probably want a very rich person that will drag you out from the state your life is in which is not a bad idea, but what are you doing for yourself? Don't allow the fact that you've not found your life partner limit you. You have the money to buy a car, but you feel  that if you buy a car, you are chasing potential husband materials away. So, you prefer Danfo and Maruwa to your own car? My sister, go and buy that car o jare.
You've done your introduction and you partner says the wedding cannot hold again. Why do you want to kill yourself? Shay he/she will still marry another person. It doesn't matter if you are dead or alive. Your partner doesn't call you anymore? Your partner claims that you nag and complain more than the Israelites? Most people break up that way. They won't tell you anything, they'll just stop calling you. It's very wrong, but it's not a valid reason for you  to take your life.Always remember that a broken engagement is better than a broken home.
You've been looking for a child for years, your secondary school classmates are working and you are still seeking for admission, your bank account balance is not smiling at you, you are owing people, you have no one  to run to, you've lost your mum or dad, don't try to take your own life. The fact that you are alive is a valid reason to thank God and keep fighting.


I don't know who you are, I don't know what you are going through, but I know that tough times don't last, but tough people do. Don't let your bad situation make you lose your value. Keep fighting and don't give up.













Comments