Nobody owes you anything

Wednesday Inspiration




Nobody owes you anything. I can say your parents have to do their part, but they don't owe you anything. When someone does something good for you, it's your duty to thank them. Don't have the mindset that it is their duty. It is not your uncle's duty to give you money. When he decides to do so, it's your duty to thank him. I am still very dependent on my mum and members of my extended family. They help me a lot and when they do so, I thank them, I also call my mum and I tell her to thank them. It is not their duty. Maybe if my dad was alive, they will not have any business as regards my education. No matter how little the money is, still say thank you. I earned my first  major salary recently, I did something for someone, the person received it and didn't even call to say thank you. The person received what I sent and didn't even flash to show appreciation. I was so angry, but thank God that I calmed down. I now know how it feels when someone does something for you and you refuse to show appreciation. I now understand how it feels when you hurt someone and you refuse to be remorseful.
Most of us find it difficult to use these words 'please, sorry' and 'thank you.' I believe that if we do what we are supposed to do without being reminded and use these kind words everyday, the pain, sorrow, bitterness and grudge in this world will go away. It's nice to be nice.

If you haven't gotten a copy of my novel, I don't know what you are waiting for.

Comments