Roadside Begging...

Yeah, there was no Fashionable Sunday segment yesterday. I totally apologize. I was really busy. I had fun last week. I attended a convention that blew my mind. Oh, yesterday's programme did that. I'm back to reality now. Today is Easter Monday and I'm sure you are going to enjoy this beautiful day. Oya, take your cup of tea or coffee and chill, we have to talk.

You are welcome to the Let's Talk segment on our blog. So, I have an experience I'd like to share with you all. On Friday, I was on my endless journey in search of a GT Bank to withdraw some money (my last card). In front of Zenith bank, I saw a young girl sitting on the floor with her babies (twins), begging for alms. I don't have any issue with the fact that she's begging o, my issue is that this young girl abi woman is physically fit, she is not physically challenged, but she prefers to sit by the roadside, begging.

I'm not supposed to talk about this issue because I'm still very dependent on my mum and members of my extended family, but you can't just overlook this topic. Why should you sit by the roadside begging? Why won't you stand up and do something about your situation? Are you the only one going through a hard time? Why can't you do something positive about it? Why must you beg by the roadside?

The lady beside this woman sells okpa o. This okpa lady sells so many wraps of Okpa and she makes a living doing that. Why don't people find something lucrative to do? Adenike Oyetunde survived cancer. She lost one leg, but she doesn't let that limit her. She's a go-getter and she's living her dreams. Abeg, life na jeje. Do something positive today. Don't just sit down there doing nothing. Do something. If you are physically challenged, your challenge should not limit you.

Have a wonderful Monday. For the busy ones, keep being busy. Cheers!

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice writeup.. Keep it up dear