Marriage is Scary?

'So, you did not save my number?' Excuse me sir, people change their phones, numbers disappear. I really don't get your point. If someone did not save your number and the person apologises for that, you will not die if you reintroduce yourself. I have my project, my final exams and the future to think about. Time na money.

Hey blog readers, how are you doing? Longest time o. I don't even know where this post falls under, but I have to post. School is overwhelming, this final period is expensive and stressful. Contribute for this send off and the other get-together. Somebody cannot even buy data again. I hope you all are fine sha. Eby baby, how are you doing? I've been trying to reach you.

I was having a conversation with my friend, we were talking about the stories we read on Instagram. We had to conclude that marriage is scary, but Is marriage scary? I mean our parents have been in this for a very long period of time. Most of our mothers are drama queens, but our fathers still cope with them. They are still drunk in love. What is going on with our generation? I read Break or Make and Joro's page on Instagram everyday and it breaks my heart. The post I read every single day is really scary. A couple got married last Saturday and on Monday, they are already having issues with who will wake up in the morning and cook egusi soup by 3am and who did not kneel properly to serve cake. Oga went to his ex to eat egusi soup. What happened to communication? Okay, you are cheating because your wife is not good in bed, have you tried talking to her? Do you think getting a side chick is the best option? Your husband made you cheat on him because he did not buy you a car and you entered another man's car and the AC in his car led you to his bed.

People are getting married everyday, but they are not staying married. This is not about getting married to your best friend. That you are dating your best friend doesn't mean that the marriage will last. Nobody cares, this is 2017. The fact that you'd date for 10 years doesn't mean that you'd have an awesome wedding. Friends, most of our parents didn't even date. They are happily married. What exactly is going on with our generation? Cheating is the new dollars now. If you are not cheating, you are not on point. If you can't lie to your partner, you are not on point.

I was chatting with someone recently. He called me a fucking feminist because I've decided to keep my last name and add a hyphen to it to accommodate my husband's name. The guy said I do not look submissive. Eziokwu? I have to change my name to show you that I'm submissive? Deal with your insecurities and channel your negative vibes to Badagry beach. I really don't care about your jagbajantis! Back to our bone of contention, what do you think might be the cause of the issues or the bad vibes in marriages and relationships? I really want to learn. The comment section belongs to everyone. Have an awesome Thursday.

My novel is still available on www.okadabooks.com

Comments

Unknown said…
I can't even lie, final year is expensive but it's just been all good really. If not for God, my eyes saw terrible things😂😂. Thank you very very. I missed your plenty calls, I was in class the most. And as for the rashes, my sanity is returning gradually.

Ehen, about saving numbers, it's one of my bad habits. I always promise to save the Cosby but never get around to doing so. Honestly, it's embarrassing on your post and for the caller when you don't know who you're talking to. It's annoying to be honest, put yourself in the person's shoes. Okay, look at this scenario, imagine you called me and I said I didn't know who I was on to, and you knew I wasn't joking or anything? Mba, you'd feel bad. It's just always better to install truecaller. That shii be Å¡aving my ass. I pray everyday to learn to save contacts.

And as for the name thingy, it's really not about feminism. That one should be a mutual understanding kini between your man and yourself. That's about that.

Bye for now. My life is an organized mess right now and I need to solve my life threatening issues.
Imagenaija said…
Final year is extremely expensive abeg. I have issues with saving numbers. My bad. If I call you and you don't save my number, I won't hang up on you.

Oya o, ho and solve your life threatening issues. I know it will not pass the fact that your bed is scattered though. Thanks for leaving a comment.
Zest Arinze said…
I have never been married anyway, but do I need to visit New York or USA before I can tell that New York is in the United States?

Well, what I think might be the cause of the issues or the bad vibes in marriages and relationships are:

1. Intolerance: I don't want to bend. I always know better. Unfortunately, I am no better than my partner who doesn't want to bend. Sometimes we should bend even when we are "right"

2. Love without friendship cannot make a good marriage: For "Boy Girl thing", love may be enough. But for marriage, I think good friends can make a greater better happily married couples than two lovers where there is no true friendship. A true friend understands, a true friend pardons, a true friend is supportive, a true friend does not run away when you are down, a true friend... is simply the last person that can give up on you. But most importantly, a true friend does not intentionally hurt you or deal wickedly with you.

On the other hand, LOVE can be a mirage. It can die. We can only pretend it doesn't but it has died in most cases. No wonder Friedrich Nietzsche said: "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."

True Friendship + Love = Lasting HAPPY relationship

3. No love: out of desperation or whatever other cases, people jump into marriages where that feeling of affection isn't there. Hopefully they will developed it later; but, not always so likely so anyway.

4. Incompatibility: You are simply not compatible. You just can't get along

5. Etc.
Imagenaija said…
Hahaha. Favour, I am dead o. Feminist from the devil's coven? Lol. We really need to get someone who understands us @ Favour.
Imagenaija said…
Dear blog reader Zest, welcome back. We've missed you here. Thank you so much for your elaborate comment. Let's hope we'd find someone who will understand us and tolerate our excesses, someone we are compatible with.