Death...

He just slumped and all of a sudden, they declared him dead.

I remember chatting with the CEO of BHM on Thursday. He asked me about my dad and I told him that he is late. He asked me if I have written about it. I don't know if I have. I'm not up for any sorry, save it abeg. The first time I went to BHM 8th September, my shoes heard it. I wasn't wearing heels o. I was just cool with my animal skin flat shoes. In my mind, I can jump from one bus to the other in peace. I jumped in peace anyway, but my shoes were nothing to write work about. They were really dirty, the bad road ruined my life. I looked at my shoes and I knew I couldn't enter that office with that thing on my leg. God always fights my battle, I was able to clean my shoes somewhere. What's your most embarrassing experience?

Shebi I said I was going to talk about death today? Who cares about my shoes? I've not still been able to get my life together, but I'm very positive about things.

Yes, he slumped today and he is dead. I went with Grandma to see his wife. She couldn't even cry. She was just lamenting. I mean, he left the house this morning and he was supposed to travel. He gathered his things already, he was supposed to come back today, but he died today. The widow wasn't crying anymore. All of a sudden, this woman enters and starts to cry. They were telling her to calm down, but she kept on screaming 'my father!'. The dead man is not her father. The widow started weeping again. Haba, the woman was kind of calm then you come in and start screaming. It's like 'why are you not crying? I mean your husband just died. Can't you see that the other woman is screaming "my father! " and it's not her husband that died, it's your husband'. I really felt for the woman. How can someone you saw today, your own husband die? The man was not sick or anything o. Please ehn, if you are going to console someone, don't do it in such a way that fresh tears will flow. Don't start acting drama when everyone is calm especially the bereaved. I have seen a situation where the husband joined his wife. Grief drove that widower mad.

So, back to my dad's issue, I stumbled on his picture on Sunday and I looked at the picture very well. Grandma told me that I choose foods like my dad especially the ogbono soup. That's one thing I can't go to the market to buy. Ogbono, you and who is cooking that one? I might eat it, but I won't go to the market and purchase things for the soup. I heard my dad didn't like the soup. If he had to eat the soup, salt has to be around the corner. Enough of that already.  She also talked about my large feet. You don't want to know my shoe size, 😂. I got that one from my dad.

Back to the death issue, I learnt something today. You can never know when your time will come. The shoe incident I talked about, I forgot to add that my mum lost her younger sister that morning on the 8th of September. She was my mum's immediate younger sister. She was a widow, her children are orphans. I said my life is really complicated, I hope you understand that now. I was heart broken, but I had to go to BHM that day. BHM means Black House Media, thank you. As I was saying abi writing, mind the way you treat people, value those that love you, have fun, touch lives, pursue your dreams and be happy. Life is really really short and you can never know when it's your time. You can't say I am too young die, my dad died young, my aunty died on the 8th of September, two weeks ago and she died young. Make sure you kill someone with kindness today.

I know the post is not arranged, but I'm too lazy to do that right now. Share your experience and have a fab Wednesday.

Comments